During the invasion of Alessandria, a chef met a dessert called zabaglione or Zabaione, which was an elegant way to take the Marsala wine, emulsified with egg yolk to make a creamy layer of foam. |
Elegant and delicious foam that was all the rage in Paris and the French style Escoffier renamed it Sabayon, which is known as French haute cuisine.
- 3 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2/3 cup Marsala
- Sherry 5 yolks
- Beat the egg yolks with the superfine sugar until the mixture thickens and is pale and has doubled in volume.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and gently placed over boiling water.
- Add the Marsala and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture into individual cups and serve hot.
» Italy Recipes