Herby tomato Bruschetta is a delicious Italian appetizer of thick slices of toasted bread spread with a garden-fresh topping of tomatoes. Itís a good choice to accompany the fish soup.
- 1 1/2lb Plum tomatoes, halved,
- -seeded, chopped
- 1/3c Chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1tb Chopped garlic
- 1tb Olive oil
- 1tb Chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1tb Balsamic vinegar
- 1ts Fresh lemon juice
- 6 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices
- Toasted bread
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut toasted bread in half.
- Set slices on serving plates and spoon tomato mixture over them.
Ľ Italy Recipes