The real story about the origin of this delicious ice cream is very complex. It is said that it does indeed hail from Florence, where it is a popular Christmas cookie. This could be one reason we didn’t find any in May. On the other hand, Martha Stewart says they are an Austrian invention. However, we can say that these cookies are delicious!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup candied peel, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 225 grams semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil or spray the cups of two muffin pans (12 cups each).
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, honey, and cream.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate pieces in a bowl set in a pan of simmering water and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Using a knife, spread chocolate onto flat side of each cookie.
» Italy Recipes