The Classic Pesto Sauce is a delicious Italian dish which is traditionally made with pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, basil, and Parmesan cheese. It's most popular use is tossed with pasta.
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 2/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drop the pine nuts and garlic through the feed chute.
- Add the olive oil and pulse three times.
- Add basil, Parmesan cheese, and salt to the processor bowl.
- Now, the sauce is ready to serve.
- Store in freeze or refrigerator.
» Italy Recipes