- 1/2 cup chopped prunes, divided
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Combine Gorgonzola, breadcrumbs and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side. Stuff each breast with about 2 1/2 tablespoons filling.
- Preheat a 12-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and place the chicken breasts skin-side down in the pan.
- Using a small knife, cut a pocket on the side of the chicken breast being careful not to cut all the way through.
- For each fillet, season with ¼ tsp. paprika along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put each chicken breast in a baking dish and cook for 18-20 minutes.
» Italy Recipes