These crisp and crunchy classics get authentic Italian flavor and you can enjoy it with a cup of coffee, hot chocolate, or tea after any winter dinner.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs lemon zest, chopped fine
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, rind, vanilla, and eggs, stirring with a whisk.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture.
- Fold in the toasted pine nuts.
- Divide the dough in half, and form two loaves about 14 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place slices back on the baking sheet.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
» Italy Recipes