It's a great dish from southern Italy as a side dish is eaten hot antipasto vegetables or cold. The Sicilians are proud to say that products made with his island. The different processing methods are more or less equal, what makes the difference and makes it special is the quality of the eggplant, tomatoes and vinegar.
- 3 eggplants
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 20 gr. raisins
- 20 gr. pine nuts
- 1 bulb celery
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 300 cc. crushed tomatoes
- 100 cc. white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100 gr. pitted green olives
- A bunch of basil, olive oil, salt
- Wash and cut peppers and diced eggplant. Passing through an iron or nonstick skillet peppers with a tablespoon of olive oil over high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Cut the onion into thin strips and fry with a tablespoon of oil and 100 cc of water for 5 minutes.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes and add the vinegar, sugar, olives and sauteed vegetables.
- Let simmer about 15 minutes. Let cool, add fresh basil and serve.
» Italy Recipes