Abbacchio alla Cacciatore (Lamb Cacciatore) is a traditional Italian recipe (from Rome) for a classic stew of lamb and mushrooms cooked in a wine vinegar sauce flavoured with anchovies and herbs. The full recipe is presented here and I hope you enjoy this delicious dish.
- 1 kg leg of lamb into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- A few leaves of sage
- 2 anchovies
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Soak in a glass for a few hours, in half water and half vinegar, garlic, slightly crushed, rosemary and sage.
- Fry the pieces of lamb in oil salt, pour the entire contents of the cup and cook, covered, over moderate heat for three quarters of an hour.
- Remove garlic, rosemary and sage, pepper, and add the anchovies, just be pulped and the condensed sauce, served.
- The lamb is suckling lamb from 30 to 60 days.
- You can also make this recipe with the kid.
- If you use lamb, cooking times will increase with age dell'ovino.
» Italy Recipes