- American Express: Amari 40 (Monday-Friday 9:00am-1:00pm and 4:00-7:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm; Phone: 091.587.144).
- Police Central of Piazza Vittoria (Phone: 091.210.111).
- Women's movement ARCI Donna: it is located in Via di Giovanni 14 and you can call: 091.345.799.
- Travel agents CTS: It is located in Via Garzilli 28 it is open Monday-Friday 9:00am-1:00pm and 4:00-7.30pm; Phone number 091.611.0713).
- Consulate of Netherlands is located in Via Roma 489 (phone: 091.581.521), Consulate of US located in Via Vaccarini 1 (phone: 091.305.857), consulate of UK located in Via Cavour 117 (Phone: 091.326.412), for others countries the main consulates are in Naples or Rome.
- Drugstore: (All-night service), there are three shops, the first is located in Via Roma 1, the second located in Via Roma 207 and the last one located Via Mariano Stábile 177.
- Bookshops: In Palermo there are many bookshops, but if you want to find a large selection of English books from Feltrinelli, the principal bookshop, go to Via Maqueda 395, near to Teatro Mássimo.
- Car rental: Maybe the most important one is located in Via Enrico Amari 91 (Phone: 091.586.940); the second one is Sicily by Car and is located in Via M. Stábile 6 (Phone: 091.581.045); the third one is Maggiore and is located in Viale Alcide de Gásperi 79 (Phone: 091.517.305); the fourth one is Hertz located in Via Messina (Phone: 091.331.668)
- Exchange: In Palermo you can find many money exchange offices around but mainly at Punta Raisi airport, these offices are open outside normal banking hours (Monday-Sunday 7:50am-1:20pm and 2:35-8:00pm) but you can find most offices in the Stazione Centrale (Monday-Sunday 8:00am-12:30pm and 3:00-7:00pm).
- Gay information ARCI Gay, you can find it in Via Genova 7 (Phone: 091.335.688).
- Hospital Civico Regionale Generale: It is the principal hospital in Palermo and is located in Via Carmelo Lazzaro (Phone: 091.666.1111). The Phone in case of emergencies is 091.288.141.
- Internet Café: located in Via Candelai and it is open Tuesday-Sunday from 7:00pm; Phone: 091.327.151. Internet Access Accademia Internet located in Via Cala 64 it is open all day. Phone: 091.611.8483;
- Stazione Maríttima (Monday-Friday 7:00am-7:00pm), and Left luggage Stazione Centrale (Monday-Sunday from 6:00am-10:00pm).
- Post office: The most important post office is the Palazzo delle Poste, it is located in Via Roma (Monday-Friday from 8:10am-7:30pm and Saturdays from 8:10am-1:30pm), another post office is Poste Restante, it is open daily.
- Telephones Offices: Palermo has two, the first one is located on Piazza Giulio Césare, near of the train station (Monday-Friday from 9:00am-10:00pm); and the second one is located in Via Príncipe di Belmonte 92 (Monday from 4:00-7:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday from 9:00am-1:00pm and 4:00-7:30pm).
- Newspapers: You can find English newspapers and magazines around the city but the main place is where the newsagents at the southern corner of Via Ruggero Séttimo and Piazza Castelnuovo are.
- Ferry and hydrofoil companies: The main company is Grandi Navi Veloci, it offers services to Siremar, to Ústica (Via Crispi 120; Phone: 091.582.403), Genova and Livorno (port on Calata Marinai d'Italia; Phone: 091.587.404) Tirrenia, to Naples, Genoa and Cágliari (port on Via Molo; Phone: 091.602.1111); SNAV, to Naples and the Aeolian Islands (Via Principe di Belmonte 55; Phone: 091.333.333);