Italy is one of the most beautiful and visited countries in the world, tourists from many countries want to visit Italy because they want to see all the amazing museums, buildings, beaches, mountains, lakes, etc. Traveling to Italy for the first time may be very confusing because Italian people speak many languages such as Italian (Official language), Córcega, Emilian-Romagnol, Gallurese, Lombard, Griko (Salento), Griko (Calabria), Friulian, Sicilian, Venetian, etc.; that is the reason why a guide will make it easier to uncover Italy, offering lots of practical advices that will help us discover and enjoy this wonderful country.
If one is looking for a budget option, there are many cheap guidebooks that one can buy; but if one really does not want to spend money, one can find a selection of guides to borrow from the local library. The internet is also a good option because on internet one can find all kinds of web pages that provide information on Italy and the places that one wants to visit.
Here are some of the most important guide books to take with you when visiting Italy:
- Italy Instructions for Use: This book was written by Nan MacElroy who shares her experiences in Italy.
- Italy for the Gourmet Traveler: This guide was written by Fred Plotk who talks about the traditional dishes of each Italian region.
- National Geographic Traveler Italy: It is maybe the most important guide because it provides good information with beautiful photos about each Italian region.
- Fodor's 2010 Italy: Includes useful information and recommendations from other travelers, it also includes tools for planning our trip.
- Italy Luxury Family Hotels and Resorts: It is a great guide where one can find useful information for planning a luxurious vacation in Italy.
The Italian language